To provide an empathetic community of peer support and education for individuals and families who are grieving.
The bereaved helping the bereaved so that no one has to walk alone through their journey of grief.
- Empathy: We embody a culture of compassion and understanding that everyone’s grief experience is unique, and that those who have walked the grief journey can help those who are new to it.
- Education: We believe educating the community about the grief experience contributes to the healing process, helps lessen the stigma of grief and bereavement and creates opportunities for conversation.
- Gratitude: We are grateful for the opportunity to support the bereaved in our community and thankful for the generosity of our donors who make it possible.
- Respect: We treat our staff and volunteers with kindness and appreciation for their skills, time and contributions to our organization.
- Confidentiality: We hold member confidentiality to the highest standard and provide a safe and secure environment to travel grief’s journey.
- Accountability: We are accountable to the membership to ensure the needs of the bereaved are being met efficiently, effectively and responsibly.