In commemoration of National Bereavement Day on November 17, Bereaved Families of Ontario – Midwestern Region is launching Loved Ones Remembered – a campaign to honour the loved ones we miss and raise funds to support people in our community who are grieving.
In light of Covid-19 and the impact it is having on how we grieve, ensuring BFO-MR can continue to provide support now and in the future is more important than ever.
Click here to get started! You will be taken to our Canada Helps page where you can set up a page in memory of your loved one or donate to the Loved ones Remembered Campaign. Please note this campaign ends on December 31, 2020.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When you sign up to create a fundraising page, it goes live online right away and will be included on the list of fundraisers on our Canada Helps page. We suggest compiling your stories and photos beforehand as there isn’t an option to save a draft.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
- Creating a page is a beautiful way to honour the memory of your loved one. You can personalize your fundraising page with stories and photos that are meaningful to you.
- By sharing your story, you are creating opportunities to talk about your loved one and honour them publicly. At the conclusion of Loved Ones remembered, we will be acknowledging everyone who was honoured as part of the campaign with a legacy page on our website.
- You are creating a lasting legacy for your loved one.
With the help of our community, we hope to raise $10,000 to support programs for children, parents, families and individuals who are grieving. DID YOU KNOW… in 2019, almost $6,000 was raised with only 13 people participating. Just imagine what we can do this year with even more people helping us reach our goal!
NEW THIS YEAR: We’ve created a Participant Guide as well as some graphics you can use when sharing your page on social media. Download the Participant Guide for fundraising ideas, messaging and more.
Right-click on the graphics below to save and share on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
You can still support the Loved Ones Remembered campaign without setting up a fundraising page.
- Make a donation to Bereaved Families of Ontario – Midwestern Region in support of our Annual Campaign.
- Pledge a monthly donation that provides consistent, predictable funding for our organization.
- Help us spread the word – when you share information about this campaign, you are not only encouraging others to support it, you are raising awareness of BFO-MR programming!
- Share your experience if you have been helped along your grief journey by a BFO-MR peer support program, memorial event or education session
If you would prefer to support the campaign with a donation made by cheque, please make your cheque payable to Bereaved Families of Ontario – Midwestern Region and include “Annual Campaign” in the memo section. Cheques can be mailed to 65 Hanson Avenue, Suite 1042, Kitchener, ON N2C 2H6.
If you have any questions, please contact the BFO-MR office at 519-603-0196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.