- MyGrief.ca – An online program developed by families and grief experts to help you understand and work through your grief. Free for Canadian users. Note: does not replace counselling or professional support.
- Canadian Virtual Hospice – Articles, videos, books and more.
- Grief Recovery Method – A grief blog providing guidance and support to those who have experienced a significant loss
- What’s Your Grief – A large and varied collection of articles around the topic of grief
- Coping with grief and loss– An informational article featuring myths and facts about the grieving process
- Grief: How to maintain relationships after a death
- Modern Loss: Candid conversation about grief. Beginners welcome.
- Symptoms of major depression and complicated grief – An informational article from the American Cancer Society
- Sleep and grief – An informational article about how grief affects sleep
- Threads of Life – An organization dedicated to supporting families that have experienced a workplace tragedy
- Dealing with death at a distance – Five tips for saying goodbye when geographic distance is a barrier to being with a loved one in their death
- How to help a grieving friend long distance
- How to cope with the loss of someone while overseas – A young woman’s perspective on coping with the death of a loved one while overseas
- Elizabeth Gilbert on love, loss and how to move through grief as grief moves through you
- How to speak to someone about an unspeakable loss
- ‘Shouldn’t you be over that by now?’ How to respond to judgment on your grieving process
- A Personal Story About Grief – Growing a “Memorial Garden” after the death of a best friend
- One Last Thing Before I Go (Scroll down for “Act One: Really Long Distance”) – A podcast set in Japan, five years after the devastating 2011 tsunami. This very moving story captures a unique way, involving a telephone booth, in which some folks in Japan are experiencing and processing their grief. 20 minutes.
- The Center for Complicated Grief
- TED talks on Grief
- Speaking Grief documentary: By sharing diverse representations of bereavement, Speaking Grief illustrates that grief is a universal, yet individual experience.
- We, The Bereaved: Solidarity for those who are grieving. Permission for those who were never allowed.
- The Wild Edge of Sorrow: Rituals of Renewal and the Sacred Work of Grief by
- Opening to Grief: Finding Your Way From Loss to Peace by Claire B. Willis & Marnie Crawford Samuelson
- The End Is Just the Beginning: Lessons in Grieving for African Americans by Ph.D Arlene Churn
- What’s Your Grief Podcast: Grief support for those who like to listen
- Grief Out Loud: The Dougy Center’s Podcast
- Griefcast: Funny people talking about death and grief
- Where’s the Grief? by comedian and bereaved sibling Jordon Ferber
- Open to Hope Podcast: Dr. Gloria Horsley & Dr. Heidi Horsley interview guests with inspiring stories about recovery from loss.
- David Kessler and Brené on Grief and Finding Meaning from Unlocking Us by Brené Brown
- “How are you?” from CBC’s Inappropriate Questions podcast
- Resilient Grieving: Finding Strength & Embracing Life After Loss – A 7-part guided meditation via Insight Timer. It was created by Dr. Lucy Hone, a resilience researcher and bereaved mom.
- Honoring Grief – 16 minute meditation via Insight Timer, this practice gently invites you to acknowledge the emotions of grief, sorrow, or loss.