Our Curling Bonspiel is one of Bereaved Families of Ontario – Midwestern Region’s longest standing fundraising events. The bonspiel sells out every year, and continues to grow in its capacity to raise funds for our programs.
- Raise funds for BFO-MR’s grief support programs for children, families and individuals grieving the death of a loved one
- Create an exciting and memorable experience for curlers who attend our event and show our gratitude for their support
- Increase awareness about BFO-MR and our role in the community
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The curling bonspiel wouldn’t be possible without the help of incredible people who help our staff recruit teams, secure sponsorships and find the amazing prizes that fill our silent auction and raffle tables.
- Ensure the goals of the event align with the BFO-MR mission and that the needs of our members are at the forefront of all of our decisions
- Identify and pursue opportunities for corporate/individual support of this event through in-kind donations and sponsorships
- Recruit teams to participate in the bonspiel
- Help identify opportunities to maximize fundraising
- Work with BFO-MR to identify and connect with potential volunteers who can help on event day
MEETINGS: The best part of being a member on our Curling Bonspiel committee? NO MEETINGS! Nice, right?!
THE IMPACT OF YOUR INVOLVEMENT
Funds raised through our curling bonspiel mean children, parents, families and individuals who are grieving the death of a loved one can access grief support in their community. You are helping the healing begin.
Please contact Bereaved Families of Ontario – Midwestern Region at 519-603-0196 or email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering and to learn more about this opportunity, or fill out our Volunteer Application Form.