Grief support programs
Grief is a natural response to loss. It is something everyone will go through in their lifetime, but that no two people experience the same way.
Grief is also something that doesn’t have to be experienced alone.
At Bereaved Families of Ontario – Midwestern Region (BFO-MR), we offer peer support groups for adults, children and teens who are grieving a death. Our groups are spaces for you to share thoughts, feelings and stories with others who get it. There is power and healing in being in the same space and connecting with others with shared experiences.
What is peer support?
Our peer support programs are led by volunteers who are also grieving the death of someone in their life. Everyone in our groups have experienced loss. Group facilitators are extensively trained and supported by BFO staff and feel ready in their grief to help others. We are not counsellors, therapists, or clinicians.
Find grief support programs:
- Parents grieving the death of an infant: For individuals or couples grieving pregnancy loss at any stage or the death of their baby
- Parents grieving the death of a child: For individuals or couples grieving the death of a child at any age, including adult children.
- Healing Little Hearts: For children ages 4-12
- Good Grief: For teens ages 13-17
- Living with Loss: Mixed-loss group for adults 18+
- Living with Loss by Substance Use: For adults 18+ grieving a death by alcohol or drug use
Thank you to our funders for their generous support of our programs: